[daip] New Staff Reply - [!ZYT-178733]: AIPS Installation Problems

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Apr 12 12:43:30 EDT 2013

New Staff Reply: AIPS Installation Problems

There are a number of things that could go wrong at this point
to cause DADEVS.PL to fail to find any disks for your computer.
The simplest is that the name of your computer - either some real
name such as PRIMATE (my machine) or, if you said laptop='yes',
then LOCALHOST, does not appear in the directory name in DADEVS.LIST.

DADEVS.PL looks in DADEVS.LIST for those entries that are for your
computer and ignores those for other computers (thus one DADEVS.LIST
works for the 100+ computers here).  So our DADEVS.LIST contains
among other lines

-  /DATA/PRIMATE_1
-  /DATA/PRIMATE_2

etc.  You can either change the names of the data areas to include
your computer name, or you can put a + sign in column 1.  In that
case, the data area will be included for all computers using your
installation.  If there is only 1, as is often the case, then that
does not matter.

Eric Greisen

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: ZYT-178733