[daip] New Ticket - [!UTT-539301]: Trying to install AIPS...

Julia Gross do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Apr 3 07:44:41 EDT 2013

New Ticket: Trying to install AIPS...

Hi there,

I am a student at Columbia University and I am trying to install AIPS. My email is jg3101 at columbia.edu

I got this message after I installed AIPS.
AipsWiz:  =====> We're DONE!  Let's have a nice Banana Split! <======

AipsWiz: Here are the final setup instructions for running AIPS

1.  Reference the LOGIN.SH file in your .profile file
      (dot it now too, via ". ./LOGIN.SH")

2.  Check that it works:

aips notv tpok

      (this will not start a TV or tape servers).
    Try 'print 2 + 2' for a very basic test.

3.  Make a cron entry for the do_daily.JUJUBS-MACBOOK-AIR file
      that the MAKE.MNJ created, so you can run the
      AIPS 'midnight job'.  This is optional but
      strongly recommended.

AipsWiz: That's it.  You should now have the latest AIPS!  Enjoy.

I typed in the LOGIN.SH command several ways and it does not recognize.
Last login: Wed Apr  3 07:05:55 on ttys000
jujuBs-MacBook-Air:~ jujuB$ cd AIPS_ROOT
jujuBs-MacBook-Air:AIPS_ROOT jujuB$ LOGIN.SH
-bash: LOGIN.SH: command not found
jujuBs-MacBook-Air:AIPS_ROOT jujuB$ .LOGIN.SH
-bash: .LOGIN.SH: command not found
jujuBs-MacBook-Air:AIPS_ROOT jujuB$ ./LOGIN.SH
jujuBs-MacBook-Air:AIPS_ROOT jujuB$ LS
31DEC12 DA00 LOGIN.CSH SETNAME TEXT
AIPS.BOOT DATA LOGIN.SH SETUNAME TVALT
AIPSASSN.CSH FITS OFM START_AIPS TVDEVS.SH
AIPSASSN.SH HOSTS.CSH PRDEVS.SH START_QMNGR install.pl
AIPSPATH.CSH HOSTS.LIST PRINT START_TPSERVERS
AIPSPATH.SH HOSTS.SH RUN START_TVSERVERS
jujuBs-MacBook-Air:AIPS_ROOT jujuB$ START_AIPS
-bash: START_AIPS: command not found
jujuBs-MacBook-Air:AIPS_ROOT jujuB$ START AIPS
-bash: START: command not found
jujuBs-MacBook-Air:AIPS_ROOT jujuB$ RUN
-bash: RUN: command not found
jujuBs-MacBook-Air:AIPS_ROOT jujuB$

Is there something else I need to do to get AIPS started?
Thanks,
Julia

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: UTT-539301