[daip] New Ticket - [!HKN-156636]: velocity definitions

Lynn D Matthews do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Sep 13 13:26:03 EDT 2012

New Ticket: velocity definitions

I tested the new CLCOP and the modification works great. Thanks for implementing this.

Now being past that hurdle, I now have two questions related to handling velocity definitions for EVLA data.

First, the data were taken using an "LSR Radio" reference frame. However, after I run SETJY with optype 'CALC' and VELDEF ' ', it sets the VELDEF in the SU table to 'OPTICAL'. Is this supposed to happen?

Second question is that in the SU table, each of the 8 contiguous IFs is assigned the same LSR velocity even though each was actually tuned to a different frequency during observations. Is there a more elegant fix to this other than computing the velocity of each IF by hand, and entering it with SETJY?

Thanks,
Lynn Matthews

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: HKN-156636