[daip] New Staff Reply - [!CRA-551657]: INDXR ignores gaps > CPARM(1)

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon Sep 3 10:49:33 EDT 2012

New Staff Reply: INDXR ignores gaps > CPARM(1)

Are you absolutely sure there are no data in the
gap?  The EVLA observes continuously - never stopping
writing data even when the telescope is in a bad state.
CASA may apply the on-line flags but all it does is
zero the weight (and sometimes the vis).  UVLOD and
FITLD delete all records that are absolutely zero
which is what CASA used to do.  What CASA now does I
do not know.

Try PRTUV on the data - that task and INDXR do not
inquire about data validity, just data count.  Can
you send me the PRTAB output from the NX table
produced?

I will look at the gains question - I thought the
2011 version used a different format gains table
and I do know that the 2012 table is said to be
in error but Bryan Butler is supposed to fix it
and never gets around to it.

Eric Greisen

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: CRA-551657