[daip] Problem of showing tables in the AIPS TV window

陳泓碩 r00244005 at ntu.edu.tw
Mon Oct 29 03:20:36 EDT 2012

           To whom it may concern :

      My name is Hung-shuo Chen, I am a graduate student from ASIAA in Taiwan.

     I recently installed AIPS in my laptop and has loaded a VLA data in AIPS.  However, when I try to show some of the tables on the TV window, I failed and got some error messages :

AIPS 1: EDITA: uv-data editor based on system gains or temperatures
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INNAME     'TEST_1'                Input UV data (name)
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'U BAND'                Input UV data (class)
AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Input UV data (seq. #)
AIPS 1: INDISK        1                    Input UV data disk drive #
AIPS 1: INEXT      'TY'                    Input table type:
AIPS 1:                                       (TY, SY, SN, CL)
AIPS 1: INVERS        0                    Input table file version no.
AIPS 1: DODELAY      -1                    > 0 -> use delays/rates too
AIPS 1: FREQID        1                    Frequency ID; 0 => 1
AIPS 1: SUBARRAY      0                    Subarray number 0 => 1.
AIPS 1: FLAGVER       0                    Flag table version
AIPS 1: OUTFGVER      0                    Output FG table version
AIPS 1: TIMERANG   *all 0                  Time range to include
AIPS 1: BIF           0                    First IF to include
AIPS 1: EIF           0                    Last IF to include
AIPS 1: ANTENNAS   *all 0                  Antennas to include/exclude
AIPS 1: SOLINT        0                    Times within SOLINT (min) are
AIPS 1:                                    treated as equal.
AIPS 1: DETIME        0                    Break interval (min)
AIPS 1: DOHIST       -1                    Record flags in history file
AIPS 1: DOTWO         1                    True => do second observable
AIPS 1:                                    plot of main baseline
AIPS 1: EXPERT        0                    > 0 start in expert mode
AIPS 1: CROWDED       0                    > 0 => allow plots with all
AIPS 1:                                    polarizations and IFs
AIPS 1: REASON     *all ' '                Initial reason string
AIPS 1: ANTUSE     *all 0                  Initial displayed antennas
AIPS 1: BADDISK    *all 0                  Disks to avoid for scratch.
>inext 'cl'
>go
ERROR  3 ON UNIT TTDEV01         , GETTING HOST/SERVICE BY NAME
 ZMSGOP: ZTTOPN RETURNS ERROR =   1 FOR LUN =   6
EDITA1: Copied CL file from vol/cno/vers  1    1   1 to  1    1   2
EDITA1: ZSSSL2: hsdennischen: UNKNOWN HOST
EDITA1: ZSSSLK: ERROR   2 ON LOCK
EDITA1: ON LOCK ERROR    6 FROM ZSSSLK
EDITA1: YTVOPN: TV LOCK OPEN ERROR      6
EDITA1: TV OPEN ERROR      6
EDITA1: TVDOPEN: UNABLE TO OPEN TV DEVICE ITSELF
EDITA1: TVDOPN: ERROR OPENING EDITA task TV object
EDITA1: ERROR EDITING CL table to be used in editing
EDITA1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
EDITA1: hsdennis 31DEC12 TST: Cpu=      0.0  Real=      0  IO=         1
AIPS 1: Resumes
AIPS 1: RETURN CODE      6 RECEIVED: STOPPING

       I also tried to use snplt to show the CL table on the TV window, but still get nothing but
error messages. I am wondering whether there was any problems occurred when I installed
AIPS. Could you please help take a look on what might go wrong ?  Thank you !

regards

Hung-shuo