[daip] AIPS catalog limit

Shami Chatterjee shami at astro.cornell.edu
Wed Oct 24 15:46:24 EDT 2012

Hi, I'm very close to 200 entries in a disk catalog, and I think I remember that AIPS allowed only 200 entries at most. Is that limit still present? If so, could it please be relaxed? (I assume that it is a holdover from days of far smaller disks.)

It would be very advantageous to my cut-and-paste scripts if I didn't have to switch disk numbers for my processing, and moving files from one disk to another is still rather painful... I'm on the MNJ so applying an update is not a problem for me.

Thanks very much for considering this.
-Shami