[daip] Loading data after upgrading AIPS from 31DEC09 to 31DEC12

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Oct 22 19:39:08 EDT 2012

Brendan Reardon wrote:
> Eric,
>
> After investigating with ls -l CA* it seems there is a permission issue
> with the old files.
> A sample from the 31DEC09 ids yields,
>
>     -rw------- 1 dhr dhr 5120 Aug  8  2011 CAD000000.654;
>     -rw------- 1 dhr dhr 5120 Aug  8  2011 CAD000000.655;
>     -rw------- 1 dhr dhr 5120 Aug  8  2011 CAD000000.656;
>     -rw------- 1 dhr dhr 5120 Feb  8  2012 CAD000000.68Q;
>     -rw------- 1 dhr dhr 5120 Nov 11  2011 CAD000000.6UW;
>     -rw------- 1 dhr dhr 5120 Jul 13 16:31 CAD000000.853;
>

> And a sample from the 31DEC12 ids yields
>
>     -rw-rw-r-- 1 dhr dhr 5120 Oct 15 00:10 CAD000000.00R;
>     -rw-rw-r-- 1 dhr dhr 5120 Oct 22 17:39 CAD000000.601;
>

> Clearly this is a permission issue. Do you have any suggestions? I am
> hesitant to begin playing around with it myself.
>
> Thank you!
>
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Eric Greisen <egreisen at nrao.edu
> <mailto:egreisen at nrao.edu>> wrote:
>
>     Brendan Reardon wrote:
>
>         Eric Greisen,
>
>         After updating AIPS from 31DEC09 to 31DEC12, I changed "OLD" to
>         be 31DEC12 in my AIPSPATH.SH. Yet, when I enter a login ID from
>         the previous version my files are not appearing. More so, both
>         data areas are currently defined. Could you assist me in getting
>         this function to work? Attached I have included both the
>         AIPSPATH.SH and AIPSRC files.
>
>         Brendan Reardon
>

>     There is no reason why data from 31DEC09 should not be fully visible
>     in 31DEC12.  cd to the data areas and do a ls -l CA*   This should
>     show your data catalogs.
>
>     Eric Greisen

I would assume that if you type "whoami" you would be told "dhr" and so
you should have permission to look at all of these files with no change
of the permissions.  If you are not (now) dhr then that makes a problem.
Type also "groups" to see what groups you are in.  You may be in the dhr
group without being dhr him/herself.  That would give you access to the
catalog of user number 27 (00R) and 7777 (601) but not the others.

The person who is dhr needs to log in and cd to these directories and do
     chmod 664 *\;