[daip] New Client Reply - [!HQU-511535]: AIPS INSTALL on MAC OS X 10.6.8

Christopher J Stockdale do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 4 18:41:18 EDT 2012

New Client Reply: AIPS INSTALL on MAC OS X 10.6.8

Eric,

I got it to start just fine.  But, when I try to kleenex out, I get an error message in logout process and the spawned windows do not manually shut down.  See error message below.  And when I try to restart, the tvserver does not restart.

>kleenex
AIPS 1: Begin check for any 'standard' scratch files
AIPS 1: Scratch files -- destroyed:    0  still active:    0
AIPS 1: User    2:  1007 messages, oldest written 04-OCT-2012  14:18:31
AIPS 1: Deleted      0 messages
AIPS 1: Saved POPS environment in area named 'LASTEXIT'
ERROR  3 ON UNIT TTDEV01         , GETTING HOST/SERVICE BY NAME
 ZMSGOP: ZTTOPN RETURNS ERROR =   1 FOR LUN =   6
AIPS 1: Session command-line history saved.
AIPS 1: nimrodel 31DEC12 TST: Cpu=      0.0  Real=    238  IO=         2
nimrodel:~ stockdale$

$ aips
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the (no description supplied by installer)
START_AIPS:  - system name erebor.posc.mu.edu, AIPS type PS-CMYK

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.010
  (Using global default file /Users/stockdale/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL)
   Disk 1 (1) is /Users/stockdale/aips/DATA/NIMRODEL_1

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called nimrodel
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on nimrodel asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on NIMRODEL asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC12 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC12) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.010
XASERVERS: TVSERV is already running on host nimrodel, user stockdale
XASERVERS: Start XAS on nimrodel, DISPLAY /tmp/launch-u9IqfH/org.x:0
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on nimrodel, DISPLAY /tmp/launch-u9IqfH/org.x:0
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on nimrodel, DISPLAY /tmp/launch-u9IqfH/org.x:0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width 2550 height 1318,
     max grey level 8191 in 16 grey-scale memories
Shared memory id failure: Cannot allocate memory

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: HQU-511535
Department: AIPS Data Processing
Link:  https://help.nrao.edu/staff/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=viewticket&ticketid=2392