[daip] FRING of 31DEC12 does not work with APARM(5)=2

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 4 17:40:20 EDT 2012

Andrzej Marecki wrote:
> Hi Eric (et al.),
>
> Yet another problem.... :-(
>
> When I try run FRING on VLBA data (either from old VLBA correlator or DiFX)
> with APARM(5)=2, it produces this:
>
> FRING     Selecting, editing and calibrating the data
> FRING     Dividing data by source flux densities
> FRING     Determining solutions
> FRING     Doing Least Squares fits for multi- and single-band delays
> FRING     Writing SN table    4
> FRING     Time=   0/ 12 40 26, Polarization = 1
> FRING     ZABORS: signal 8 received
> FRING     ABORT!
>
> whereas with APARM(5)=1 (or zero) FRING works fine.
>
> Interesting: this problem is pertinent to $AIPS_VERSION=/aips/31DEC12 only;
> in $AIPS_VERSION=/aips/31DEC11 I *can* use FRING with APARM(5)=2.
>
> I use NRAO binaries for $ARCH=LNX64.
>
> Best,
>
> Andrzej

I have fixed the 31DEC12 version and would not  count on 31DEC11 working
as this option was intended to work.  I had to go back to 2009 versions
to see the true intentions.  The addition of options to divide the IFs
into halves, quarters, etc confused the confused way this option was
handled previously.