[daip] AIPS on Mac

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Nov 16 16:09:22 EST 2012

Colin Lonsdale wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I am looking at some JVLA data reduction in AIPS, and need to go on extensive travel.  This means I want to get 15DEC12 up on my macbook pro running mountain lion.  The online instructions seem ... dated.  Is this a simple thing to do, or am I facing a complex task.
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> Cheers,
>
> - Colin

Installation on Macs is as simple as Linux except for the need to add a
system file to allow adequate shared memory.  The details of that are on
the AIPS Manager FAQ page
http://www.aips.nrao.edu/aipsmgr/index.html

The complications of the old days are gone (do NOT set the $DISPLAY
variable) and it should be easy.

I just back from vacation and so could only respond now.  An e-mail to
daip at nrao.edu will have others respond in my absence.