[daip] AIPS help

Sayali Avachat savachat2008 at my.fit.edu
Wed May 30 12:20:40 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am a PhD student of Florida Institute of Technology. I work on AIPS for
my research work.
I have a question about the files that are generated (as a byproduct?) when
I run any task in AIPS.
I see many weird named files created on my disk (not in AIPS), their names
look like - e.g. NXD00Q001.10A, FQD00Q001.10A, WXD00Q001.10A, etc...
What are these files exactly? What is the their purpose and do I need to
keep them on disk or is it OK to delete them?
Recently I was trying to delete the files which I don't need from AIPS and
then re-catalog the files leftover files in AIPS. but because of the
presence of these weird files on my computer disk I was unable
to re-catalog the files, apparently there was some conflict of names.

What do I do in this case? Can I delete these files altogether? These files
take up a lot of space on my disk too, so I am really concerned about it.
Please help.

Thank you,

--
Sayali S Avachat