[daip] New Ticket - [!KUM-188251]: I think somehing has gone wrong with MNJ of today

Michael Bietenholz do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue May 29 11:32:47 EDT 2012

New Ticket: I think somehing has gone wrong with MNJ of today

I just ran an MNJ (May 29; 31DEC12), and UVPLT now gives me the message

(DEFAULT UVPLT; DOTV 1; GO UVPLT)
polari> UVPLT1: Task UVPLT  (release of 31DEC12) begins
polari> UVPLT1: UVGET: doing no flagging this time
polari> UVPLT1: WARNING: uncalibrated linear polarization data may be a problem
polari> UVPLT1: FOUND    0 POINTS: NOT ENOUGH TO SELF-SCALE
polari> UVPLT1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
polari> UVPLT1: polaris 31DEC12 TST: Cpu=      0.2  Real=      1  IO=     36

Using version 'NEW'  (31DEC11) works fine, and I think the 31DEC12 UVPLT worked fine before I ran MNJ.  The UV-file I used does NOT have linear poln but the normal circular, so I think something is going wrong with the data access.

I also ran a CALIB in a pretty standard way on the same file and got this (again the 31DEC11 version ran fine with same inputs)

polari> CALIB1: WARNING: uncalibrated linear polarization data may be a problem
polari> CALIB1: ZCREAT: INVALID BYTE REQUEST =      -14112
polari> CALIB1: ZCREAT ERROR     4 FOR TESTOP      .CALIB .   1

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: KUM-188251
Department: AIPS Data Processing
Link:  https://help.nrao.edu/staff/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=viewticket&ticketid=1822