[daip] AIPS question

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue May 15 15:18:14 EDT 2012

Dan Homan wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion Eric.  I tried this and also increased the
> AIPS speed parameter (in setpar) from 20 to 200.  I used AIPS for
> several hours yesterday with no issues at all... it seemed to work
> flawlessly, so hopefully we have solved the problem.

The speed parameter affects how often aips inquires whether tasks are
done.  If you run a script with dowait true, it will affect performance
noticeably.  Very few other places arise often enough to matter.  I am
suspicious about your internal internet (yourself to yourself) having
some sort of issue.  But tv=local gets away from most all of that.