[daip] AIPS question

Dan Homan homand at denison.edu
Thu May 10 12:19:27 EDT 2012

Hi,

I recently downloaded and installed 31DEC11, and I have an interesting
issue that I have never encountered before with previous installs.   AIPS
is pausing, first when loading up (after entering the userid), and then
when issuing some commands like "inp vlbaload" or "vlbaload", but setting
the parameters, i.e. "outdisk 1", seems to happen instantly.   These pauses
are long... several minutes, but otherwise it seems to behave normally.

Oh, I've installed it on a Mac OSX 10.6.8 12 core Xeon MacPro with 8 GB of
RAM.

 - Dan Homan

--
Daniel C Homan
Associate Professor of Physics and Astronomy