[daip] New Ticket - [!POR-156771]: World coordinates of CC components

Enno Middelberg do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri May 4 01:48:05 EDT 2012

New Ticket: World coordinates of CC components

Hello,

I need to extract the world coordinates of clean components from the CC tables attached to AIPS image files. They seem to be in deg offsets relative to the image centre, but not quite. My simple-minded approach was to use

ra=img.header['obsra']+deltax (+img.header['xshift'])
dec=img.header['obsdec']+deltay (+img.header['yshift'])

with

img.header['obsra']: observing direction in image header in deg
deltax: offset of clean component from CC table in deg
img.header['xshift']: a potential shift of the observing direction introduced by, eg, RASHIFT and DECSHIFT in IMAGR

I'm missing the source by quite a bit (see plot I'm going to try to upload), and even copius amounts of experimentation didn't yield any clues as to how to get this right. Can you help?

Thanks,

Enno Middelberg

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: POR-156771