[daip] TVCPS giving error about "Fortran open"

Susan Neff Susan.G.Neff at nasa.gov
Wed Jun 27 18:27:13 EDT 2012

Hi Eric,

I was trying to use TVCPS today, and I got the
following in the working window:

 >outfi 'myarea:cen_pband_fig2_try1.ps'
 >go tvcps
AIPS 1: Resumes
 >forrtl: severe (66): output statement overflows
record, unit -5, file Internal Formatted Write

and the following in the message window:

localh> TVCPS1: Task TVCPS  (release of 31DEC12) begins
localh> TVCPS1: ZLASIO: FORTRAN OPEN ERROR =      9
FOR PLOTTER FILE =
localh> TVCPS1:

That's all I got - it truncated the file name.  I'm
wondering if this is a problem with
the filename being too long.  It's actually addressed
in AIPS as

outfi   'myarea:filename.ps'
(as you can see above), and it should be writing to:

/Volumes/Apps_and_Docs/sgneff/aipsstage_lilmac/vtc1700_pbcor_hiconv/filename.ps

However,  it looks like the full text of  "myarea" is
not making it through somehow
(although this directory works for "datain" and
"dataout" in  fitsread and fitswrite,
respectively).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,