[daip] dbcon on different polarization datasets?

Susan Neff Susan.G.Neff at nasa.gov
Fri Jun 15 17:50:26 EDT 2012

Hi Eric,

I'm trying to concatenate several UV data sets from
pre-EVLA data.

They started out from the same observations, but were
split apart
earlier in the processing, to be IFs 1 and 2, and
polarizations RR
and LL, so 4 separate UV datasets (long story).   They
are not
polarization observations - I'm just trying to use
IMAGR to make
a total intensity image.

I can get DBCON to combine the IF1 and IF2 for each
polarization,
by relaxing the dopos constraints.  However,  I can't
get it to
combine the RR and the LL.  I get an error message saying:

localh> DBCON1: STOKES RANGES DO NOT OVERLAP
localh> DBCON1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes

Is there a way around this?   Would I cause horrible
things
to happen in IMAGR if I brute-force changed the
polarization
values in the headers?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, and thanks for help,
Susan