[daip] Pb with TVMOV (leopard)

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jun 12 18:26:50 EDT 2012

Pierre Emmanuel Belles wrote:

>   Dear Eric,
>
>     I'm working on a MAC laptop, version Leopard, and I've been struggling with problems with my TV display. The AIPS managers frequent questions webpage have been most helpful to solve many problems: I updated my services file (and open tcp ports) as suggested, I created a sysctl.conf file and chose appropriate shared memory settings (as suggested for leopard system), the loopback to allow communication of the laptop with itself seems ON... (setting the DISPLAY variable to localhost:0 seems unecessary here, since my TV does start)
>
>indow display no special message nor error. When I use the TV to visualise 2D images, everything is fine. Yet, when I want to visualise data cubes (with TVMOVIE), the cube is loaded frame by frame (they appear on the TV), but, once reaching the last frame, the movie does not start and I get this:
>
> XAS WriteLink increased send buffer size
> AIPS 1: ZSSSX2 increased receive buffer size
> AIPS 1: ZSSSX2 increased send buffer size
> XAS ReadLink increased send buffer size
> AIPS 1: TV PROBLEM

I have looked at the code and wonder quite what is happening since most
TV functions in the code generate another message before the TV PROBLEM
message.  The ones that don't are ones where the input parameters are
simply wrong, but the code looks like it defends itself against these.
I notice that you must have 2 screens, one above the other and wonder if
that might affect things somehow.  What are your INPUTS to TVMOVIE and
what does the output of IMHEADER look like on your image?

I tried TVMOVIE on my system (even older than leopard) and it was fine,
but I have only the 1 screen (actually an iMac).

You might try TVMOVIE with FACTOR=1 to see if that works.

ERic Greisen