[daip] New Ticket - [!DAS-696404]: AIPS install: TV 'shared memory failure' problem

Robert Lucien Mutel do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Sun Jul 22 19:18:06 EDT 2012

New Ticket: AIPS install: TV 'shared memory failure' problem

I installed 31Dec12 AIPS [binary] on an iMac [Lion 10.7.4] today. It worked except for the TV: got this:

Shared memory id failure: Invalid argument

I edited the /etc/services file to include the AIPS-specific services and rebooted. Note that I am using a dual-monitor (hence the 3830 x 1140), but I alos tried a single monitor, no joy.

Robert

Here's the startup messages:

[RLM-IMAC-21:/etc] robert% aips
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the OKI B431 in 706 VAN
START_AIPS:  - system name rlm_printer, AIPS type PS

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.012
  (Using global default file /Volumes/BigBoy/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL)
   Disk 1 (1) is /Volumes/BigBoy/aips/DATA/RLM-IMAC-21_1

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called rlm-imac-21
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on rlm-imac-21 asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on RLM-IMAC-21 asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC12 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC12) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.012
XASERVERS: TVSERV is already running on host rlm-imac-21, user robert
XASERVERS: Start XAS on rlm-imac-21, DISPLAY /tmp/launch-SxUJgR/org.x:0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width 3830 height 1140,
     max grey level 8191 in 16 grey-scale memories
Shared memory id failure: Invalid argument
XASERVERS: TEKSRV is already running on host rlm-imac-21, display /tmp/launch-SxUJgR/org.x:0, user robert
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on rlm-imac-21, DISPLAY /tmp/launch-SxUJgR/org.x:0
Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: DAS-696404
Department: AIPS Data Processing
Link:  https://help.nrao.edu/staff/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=viewticket&ticketid=2036