[daip] Image Header have incorrect Visibilities

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 17 19:11:46 EDT 2012

jabulani maswanganye wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I loaded  my data wit 'ATLOD' and aparm(1)=-1, aparm(3)=1, aparm(7)=1,
> the rest set to default. The visibilities are incorrect. The
> visibilities are for the first scan and this has become a problem when I
> run 'CVEL'. 'CVEL' only do run for the first scan.  My 'imh' and 'LISTR'
> are as follows:
>
>   AIPS 1: Image=0637-752  (UV)         Filename=0637-752    .UVDATA.   1
> AIPS 1: Telescope=ATLBA              Receiver=
> AIPS 1: Observer=                    User #=    2
> AIPS 1: Observ. date=20-MAR-2007     Map date=05-JUL-2012
> AIPS 1: # visibilities      4500     Sort order  TB

I was awfully slow to see this issue - and do not see any place obvious
in ATLOD where it might come from.  Your data take 98356 bytes on disk
for each visibility.  Is the UV file around 442601984 bytes in size or
  47643058176 bytes in size?  (cd to your data area and do an ls -l UV*)

Your split clearly used the NX table and found all the data - or thought
that it did.  Perhaps a UVCOP would do that and fix the header.

You do need to look at the data before CVEL to make sure that it is there.