[daip] New Ticket - [!OBF-493044]: TBAVG

Lynn D Matthews do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 16 17:16:17 EDT 2012

New Ticket: TBAVG

Could you clarify the difference between the averaging over baselines performed by TBAVG compared with that done by POSSM?

For example, my understanding is that if I run TBAVG with some value of SOLINT=t (in seconds), then plot the resulting cross-power spectrum with POSSM, the result should be the same as if I run POSSM on the original data with NPLOT=0, SOLINT=t/60, and vector averaging. However, the results are quite different. (I recognize that TBAVG does not apply calibration or flagging or allow source selection).

Thank you.

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: OBF-493044
Department: AIPS Data Processing