[daip] New Staff Reply - [!KNF-405640]: old VLBA data

Lorant Sjouwerman do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 2 20:03:12 EDT 2012

New Staff Reply: old VLBA data

Hi Mark,

This is really old data from before we were properly archiving things. I noted that with a more
selective query (date, band) you get 18 files, which you can sort from the advanced query page.

Reasons why a certain correlator job (see first column) appears multiple times could be the inclusion
of clock searches (but they usually have a very different correlation date), the recorreltaion of jobs
due to bad correlations or the correlation of multiple phase centers. When we send (sent) the data to
the PI, we incuded a piece of paper with the final selection of correlator jobs. This piece of paper
was not archived, so it is near to impossible to recover the original data distribution for this project.
Best is to select the time ordered data by means of the covered time or correlator job number. You can
either pick a fixed correlation date (usually the last, assuming there was a reason for recorrelation),
or pick and choose the job at a date where it yielded most data (assuming that will not mess up things).

These files then can loaded into AIPS just as you would do with a tape, or eg with the VLBAARCH procedure.
Hope this helps,

Lorant Sjouwerman
NRAO ASC Data Services

Ticket Details