[daip] INSTEP2 Failure

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jan 23 13:16:44 EST 2012

Tanmoy Laskar wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I'm trying to install AIPS 31DEC12 on my ubuntu 11.04 linux laptop, and
> have been having trouble getting everything to compile. I changed the
> compiler and linker to /usr/bin/gfortran, since I don't have g77 (I was
> also unable to install gcc-2.95.3 from the tarball on the AIPS website).
> My AIPSRC is attached, and the last 50 lines from my INSTEP2 are below.

Why are you compiling locally?  Do you plane to write AIPS tasks for
yourself?  If not, you should use the binary installation instead.

enter

perl install.pl -n

The intel compiled load modules run faster than gfortran and you do not
have to mess with compiler options etc etc

To see what is wrong you have to grep the *.LIS files to see which lines
have not got a minus sign in front - they are the failures.  Then search
with emacs for the text that applies to them in the LOG file.  But maybe
you should skip all this unless you really need your own tasks.