[daip] AIPS UVFIT fails to iterate

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jan 9 18:39:43 EST 2012

Tanmoy Laskar wrote:
> Thanks, Eric. That works brilliantly.
>
> I'm running fits on my data set, and for certain channels, both the pre-
> and post-fit RMS sometimes come out to be NaN or Infinity. The "CHI
> squares" are all finite, though! Why do you suppose this could be? Here
> is a sample INLIST file that does this:

I don't think your model is all that good.  It needs a source at the origin.

But UVFIT had lots of errors affecting it when there were > 4 components
fit.  I have fixed the dimensions of lots of variables and things are
much better.  I also fixed the output file a bit for times and rms/chisq
formats.

Tomorrow's MNJ in 31DEC12 will fix.