[daip] New Ticket - [!LHZ-970183]: AIPS installation on macbook pro

Poonam Chandra do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 21 12:40:38 EST 2012

New Ticket: AIPS installation on macbook pro

Hi,
I just now installed AIPS binary version on macbook pro. Since it is a single machine, I used site type as LOCALHOST at the time of installation.
While running AIPS I am getting following error:

AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.010
XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on localhost
TVSERVER: could not get ssslock service by name: No such file or directory
TVSERVER: Check your /etc/services or NIS/YP map
XASERVERS: Start XAS on localhost, DISPLAY /tmp/launch-6ixLdd/org.x:0
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on localhost, DISPLAY /tmp/launch-6ixLdd/org.x:0
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on localhost, DISPLAY /tmp/launch-6ixLdd/org.x:0
STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST] Old TPMON1 link found in /Users/poonam/AIPS/31DEC12/MACINT/LOAD
STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST]  - will TRY to replace & restart it here.
STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST]  - TPMON daemons on other MACINT hosts may need restarted.
STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED
ZVTPO3: tcp/aipsmt0 is not a service
ZVTPO3: check /etc/services or NIS map!
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width 1430 height 778,
     max grey level 8191 in 16 grey-scale memories
Shared memory id failure: Invalid argument

And when I exit from AIPS, I get this error:

>kleen
AIPS 1: Begin check for any 'standard' scratch files
AIPS 1: Scratch files -- destroyed:    0  still active:    0
AIPS 1: Destroyed empty user catalog on disk   1
AIPS 1: Destroyed empty user catalog on disk   2
AIPS 1: Destroyed empty user catalog on disk   3
AIPS 1: User   10:    16 messages, oldest written 21-FEB-2012  12:36:27
AIPS 1: Deleted      0 messages
AIPS 1: Saved POPS environment in area named 'LASTEXIT'
ERROR  3 ON UNIT TTDEV01         , GETTING HOST/SERVICE BY NAME
 ZMSGOP: ZTTOPN RETURNS ERROR =   1 FOR LUN =   6
AIPS 1: Session command-line history saved.
AIPS 1: localhos 31DEC12 TST: Cpu=      0.0  Real=      2  IO=         2
Poonam-Chandras-MacBook-Air:AIPS poonam$

I will appreciate your help in this matter.

Thanks
Poonam

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: LHZ-970183