[daip] problems running multiple tv displays on different desktops

Wes Young wyoung at nrao.edu
Thu Feb 9 12:38:52 EST 2012

How much free space do you have on your system disk? Mac OSX is suppose to dynamically handle the swap but it's possible to run out if you don't have enough free disk space on your system disk and then all bets are off.

As for the ports, my understanding is they are needed for communicating between processes; they also enable remote viewing/monitoring. Now I believe you can leave them on for local use but block them from being accessed from outside machines. Use to be you could do this via the sharing on system preferences but there must be a different mechanism now.

Not sure I shed much light, but your shared memory usage should be fine. I suspect your machine would have frozen up just a bit later if that memory was available. You should probably run the activity monitor it will let you monitor the resource usage for the various processes. Another option, if your machine supports it, is to run a 64bit kernel if you're not already. Not sure that would help but...

wes
wyoung at aoc.nrao.edu