[daip] problems running multiple tv displays on different desktops

Susan Neff Susan.G.Neff at nasa.gov
Tue Feb 7 11:00:57 EST 2012

Hi again, Wes,

Does the shared memory allocation impact the memory
available for other AIPS tasks to use?  Does it
"reserve" that much memory for the TV?   Or are they
independent?  (If they impact the performance of other
AIPS tasks,
I might want to not run on too many TV's at once).

The FAQ also talks about improving overall AIPS
performance on a Solaris machine by changing the
settings to the following - will these help any on a
Mac (OS X)?:

|set ufs:ufs_HW=6291456
set ufs:ufs_LW=4194304
set priority_paging=1 |