[daip] question: contour map

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Dec 26 10:47:40 EST 2012

zadeh wrote:
> Hi Eric,
> Sorry to bug you during the holiday season.  I am trying to make a
> contour map
> of two images of the same region. Is there a simple way that cntr can
> plot using
> two different images? This is to show a bipolar outflow: The red vs blue
> shifted cloud.
> Generally, one with a solid contour and the other with a broken line are
> published.
> Any trick that you might be aware would be great if aips does not do this?
> I don't need grays  but only contours.
>
> Many thanks.
> Farhad
If you combine the 2 images into a "cube" and run PCNTR on it, then you
can plot the two on the same plot.  If you RESCALE the one you want with
factor=-1 before MCUBE, then the contours of that one will be dashed.
Chapter 6 of the CookBook on page 30 shows how to do this (although the
emphasis is on making color pictures).

Eric