[daip] New Ticket - [!SKG-685624]: UVLOD / FITLD problems with DRAO visibility data

Anthony G Willis do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Dec 21 13:20:03 EST 2012

New Ticket: UVLOD / FITLD problems with DRAO visibility data

Occasionally in the past I've uploaded visibility data from the DRAO synthesis telescope into AIPS. The FITLD task for AIPS DEC09 happily digests such a file. Unfortunately something seems to have changed over the last couple of years and FITLD for AIPS DEC12 will no longer digest DRAO UV fits data. At present both FITLD and UVLOD abruptly end with the uninformative 'dies of UNNATURAL causes' message (UVLOD for DEC09 already dies with this message). I'd be grateful if someone with knowledge of how AIPS handles incoming UV data in FITS format could have a look at this problem. I attach a DRAO UV FITS file which will demonstrate the problem. Thanks for your help.

Tony Willis

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: SKG-685624
Department: AIPS Data Processing