[daip] New Client Reply - [!UVA-652375]: Estimation of atmospheric zenith residual in astrometry

Shoko Koyama do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Aug 15 12:26:45 EDT 2012

New Client Reply: Estimation of atmospheric zenith residual in astrometry

Dear Dr.Amy Mioduszewski,

Thank you very much for answering my question.
I am really sorry for confusing you.

>Do you want to simulate data with these errors or do you have data and you want to try to figure out the zenith delays by fitting just the phase?

I have some astrometric observation data and I want to try to figure out the zenith delay residuals by fitting the difference phase.

>If you have data, DELZN has an option to fit phase delay.
I guess that DELZN can fit phase delay with the models of zenith delay and clock error, and cannot fit source position error. I would like to confirm that in AIPS there are no tasks to fit difference phase with the models of zenith delay and source position error simultaneously. Is that right?

Best regards,
Shoko Koyama

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: UVA-652375