[daip] New Staff Reply - [!OJP-321517]: PCLOD length limit?

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon Aug 13 15:31:31 EDT 2012

New Staff Reply: PCLOD length limit?

Indeed.  PCLOD depends on the Cal-Tech KEYIN method to
read a text file.  It is convenient for small situations
but not for modern ones.  It requires input buffers from
the calling task and PCLOD provided ones 100000 long.  My
bet is that each record takes 80 values, so 1250 would
work but anything more would over-write memory (KEYIN does
not check for limits!).  I have changed PCLOD to provide
2000000 value buffers which should allow you 25000 records.

The keyword spelling in KEYIN (and every other string) used
to be limited to 8 characters and PCLOD internally defines
frequency and pulse-cal as FREQUENC and PULSE-CA and I have
fixed the help file.

The MNJ tomorrow will fix these things in 31DEC12 AIPS.

Eric Greisen

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: OJP-321517
Department: AIPS Data Processing