[daip] New Client Reply - [!BGW-693295]: AIPS Mac Instalation Problems

Stanislav Edel do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Aug 1 14:09:38 EDT 2012

New Client Reply: AIPS Mac Instalation Problems

Hello Eric,

    Sorry for taking so very long to get back to you on my problem, and thank you very much for your previous reply.

    So, I have tried to apply the fixes that you suggested, and have made some progress.

    I have successfully applied export AIPS_MSG_HOLD=YES and now AIPS_MSGSRV and AIPS_TEKSRV windows both start up. The tv window is, alas, not working still.

   I have also applied:
cd $AIPS_ROOT/31DEC12/MACINT/LOAD
mv XAS xas.save

   ...but I was unable to run the proc do_daily.localhost to download a new copy of XAS, perhaps simply because I am not entirely sure of how to do so. Maybe you can provide some instructions?

   I did try to start AIPS with aips tv=local and this did not seem to have any effect. Here is the start-up read out:

aips tv = local
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the Color printer
START_AIPS:  - system name HP_Deskjet_1000_J110_series, AIPS type PS

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.010
  (Using global default file /Users/Research/AIPS/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL)
   Disk 1 (1) is /Users/Research/AIPS/DATA/LOCALHOST_DATA
   Disk 2 (2) is /Users/Research/AIPS/DATA/LOCALHOST_1

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called localhost
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on localhost asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on LOCALHOST asynchronously...
Usage: AIPSEXEC [REMOTE] [DEBUG] [LOCAL] [NOEX]
MacPro:AIPS stasedel$ DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.010
XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on localhost
XASERVERS: Start XAS on localhost, DISPLAY :0
/Users/Research/AIPS/31DEC12/SYSTEM/UNIX/XASERVERS: line 214: ./XAS: No such file or directory
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on localhost, DISPLAY :0
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on localhost, DISPLAY :0
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Inet domain
STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED
MacPro:AIPS stasedel$

Since I live right here in Socorro, I would be more than glad to come by the NRAO and speak to you. Perhaps that can be an easier way to accomplish this. Is there, perhaps, a time today or tomorrow that I could swing by your office?

Thank you very much for your help!

Stas

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: BGW-693295