[daip] ANTAB with FORTALEZA

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Apr 23 19:05:35 EDT 2012

apushkar at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> Reducing RDV88 in 31DEC11 AIPS, I have a problem with
> uploading TSYS-data with ANTAB for the one particular
> station (FORTALEZA) with a code of FT. Below is the head of
> the CALIN-file for ANTAB
>
> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> !!  X-gains !!
> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> GAIN FT ALTAZ RCP DPFU=0.019    FREQ=7600,9100 POLY=1.0
> /
> GAIN HH ALTAZ RCP DPFU=0.036    FREQ=7600,9100 POLY=1.0
> /
> GAIN WZ ALTAZ RCP DPFU=0.093    FREQ=7600,9100 POLY=1.0
> /
> TSYS FT FT=1.0 TIMEOFF=0
> INDEX= 'R1', 'R2', 'R3', 'R4'
> /
> 214 17:56:42.27 43.6  50.0       40.4  43.2
> 214 17:56:47.67 53.8  64.3       40.2  43.2
>
> Here is the setup for the task:
>
> AIPS 1: ANTAB     Task to read amplitude calibration info. into AIPS
> AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
> AIPS 1:
> AIPS 1: INNAME     'RDV88_X'               Input UV file name (name)
> AIPS 1: INCLASS    'UVF'                   Input UV file name (class)
> AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Input UV file name (seq. #)
> AIPS 1: INDISK        1                    Input UV file disk unit #
> AIPS 1: CALIN      'FITS:RDV88_X_OTHERS.TS Calibration file name.
> AIPS 1:            YS'
> AIPS 1: SUBARRAY      1                    Subarray (0=> 1)
> AIPS 1:                                    Output table versions:
> AIPS 1: TYVER         2                     TY table to update
> AIPS 1: GCVER         2                     GC table to update
> AIPS 1: BLVER        -1                     BL table to update
> AIPS 1: SPARM      *all ' '                List of stations to ignore
> AIPS 1: PRTLEV        0                    Print level (0=>none;
> AIPS 1:                                    1=> echo cal. file)
> AIPS 1: OFFSET        0                    Increase the scan length of
> AIPS 1:                                    each side, minutes
>
> and here is what AIPS_MSGSRV terminal says:
>
> localh> ANTAB1: Task ANTAB  (release of 31DEC11) begins
> localh> ANTAB1: ZTXOP2: using translated file name =
> localh> ANTAB1: ZTXOP2: /home/sasha/AIPS/FITS/RDV88_X_OTHERS.TSYS
> localh> ANTAB1: TXTCAL: GAIN RECORD MISSING STATION NAME
> localh> ANTAB1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
> localh> ANTAB1: localhost    31DEC11 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0
>

> It seems like the combination 'FT FT=1' creates the problem.
> is there a way to overcome this?

You have inadvertently chosen a magic symbol for an antenna name and the
parsers are not smart enough to deal with that.  Since this is a widely
used parser with lots of generality I dare not make fundamental changes
to it.  It will be easier to rename your station - e.g. FL or FZ.  Use
puttab to change the antenna (AN) table and edit the log file to rename
the antenna (leave its number alone).