[daip] daip Help-- Thanks

Ching-Li Chen vivianchen at asiaa.sinica.edu.tw
Wed Apr 18 15:06:21 EDT 2012

Hi,

I was trying to combine two data sets with DBCON, and I received the following message
that "FQIDS HAVE NOT BEEN RESET AS THEY SHOULD DUE TO FQTOL OR DUE TO THERE BEING NO FQ
RANDOM PARAMETER.' However, the task "Appears to have ended successfully" and did
produce a combined data set. So I was wondering whether that will cause a problem as I
proceed to combine more data, etc. If it will, how should I proceed instead?

The VLA datasets I'm trying to combine are AY0152 (CBand,AArray), AM0192(CBand,AArray),
AA0068(CBand,BArray), and AJ0162(CBandDArray). Both AY152 and AM192 each have two IFs
and four stokes while AA68 and AJ162 each has only one IF and one stoke.

Therefore, I first used SPLIT to separate AY152 and AM192 into individual uv-data with
only one IF and one stoke then combined those individual datasets using DBCON. (I've
only done so with IF 1, not 2 yet. But while I was doing so, I received the error
message that the "stokes ranges do not overlap." Therefore,I used "puthead" to change
all the coordinate values of the stokes to -1, and that worked.)

Subsequently, I attempted to combine the resulting DBCON data with both IF 1 data from
AY152 and AM192 of all stokes with the AA68 dataset (AA68 has three frequency IDs, but
I'm currently only working with FQID 2), which is when I ran into the error message.

I was using the default inputs with the FQTOL set to -1, but I have since tried it with
it set to 1, and still received the same error message. I also checked my data, and each
of them has a FQ table. In addition, while the frequencies for AY152 and AM192 are the
same, the frequencies for AA68 and AJ162 are not.

AY152 and AM192
FREQ         1   4.8851000E+09       1.00  5.0000000E+07    0.00

AA68
FREQ         1   4.5851000E+09       1.00  3.4375000E+07    0.00

AJ162
FREQ         1   4.8300630E+09       1.00  4.6386720E+06    0.00

Furthermore, I was wondering whether the image made from the resulting DBCON data will
have errors if DBCON sent the following messages:

HERCUL> DBCON1: Task DBCON  (release of 31DEC10) begins
HERCUL> DBCON1: RA does not match, will shift second
HERCUL> DBCON1: DEC does not match, will shift second

HERCUL> DBCON1: RA and DEC match to within 1 microarcsecond each
HERCUL> DBCON1: --I'm not going to shift positions

Thank you so much for your help!
Vivian