[daip] PCCOR stopping

Arnaud Collioud Arnaud.Collioud at obs.u-bordeaux1.fr
Tue Apr 17 04:45:42 EDT 2012

Dear AIPS gurus,

I am trying to extract the phase-cal info from a PC-table to a SN-table using the task PCCOR using the following parameters:

AIPS 1: PCCOR     Corrects phases using  PCAL tones data from PC table
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INNAME     'GC034A_X'              Input UV file name (name)
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'UV'                    Input UV file name (class)
AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Input UV file name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: INDISK        1                    Input UV file disk unit #
AIPS 1: TIMERANG      1          19        Timerange of a calibrator
AIPS 1:               5          49         1-4 = start day,hr,min,sec
AIPS 1:               1          19         5-8 = end   day,hr,min,sec
AIPS 1:               6          48        Has to be specified!!!
AIPS 1: SNVER         0                    Output SN table, 0=>new table
AIPS 1: INVER         2                    Input  PC table, 0=>last one
AIPS 1: REFANT        3                    Ref. antenna, 0=>the first
AIPS 1: SUBARRAY      1                    Subarray;  0 => all.
AIPS 1: FREQID       0                    Freq. ID to select; 0 => 1.
AIPS 1: CALSOUR    '0133+476'              Calibrator source name;
AIPS 1:            *rest ' '               blank => any
AIPS 1: CUTOFF        0                    Cable correction:
AIPS 1:                                    1 => switch off
AIPS 1:                                    0 => switch on
AIPS 1: BIF           0                    Lowest IF number 0=>1
AIPS 1: EIF           0                    Highest IF number 0=>NIF
AIPS 1:                                    Use BIF=EIF=0 except for
AIPS 1:                                    special cases (see help)
AIPS 1: DELCORR       0                    1 => zero MBDELY.
AIPS 1:                                    Use zero always except for
AIPS 1:                                    special cases (see help)
AIPS 1: FLDSIZE    *all 0                  Array(by IFs) of the first,
AIPS 1:                                    second tones
AIPS 1:                                    0=> the smallest and largest
AIPS 1:                                        (by frequency) tone

It ends with the following error:

PCCOR1: Writing to SN table   7
PCCOR1: Stop because number of tones <2
PCCOR1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
PCCOR1: localhost    31DEC11 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0

I checked the PC-table and  it is specified that NO_TONES=1in the header.
The data was correlated at Soccoro and the PC-table I am using was directly incorporated to the fits file.

How should I proceed to get the corresponding SN-table? Is it possible with only one cal-tone?

Thanks!
Best regards,
Arnaud