[daip] Convolving from Jy/px to Jy/beam

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 12 18:40:21 EDT 2012

Dear Juan-Carlos,

Sorry! I misinterpreted the HELP file.  I am looking at the code now.  It says
if (jy/pix and GAUS and FACTOR<=0) then
FACTOR=1.1331*(BMAJ(deg)/xinc)*(BMIN(deg)/yinc), where xinc and yinc are the
axis increment.  So we are back to where you started yesterday.  Could you do an
IMH and send me the headers of the pre and post convolved images?

Thanks,

Amy

Juan-Carlos Algaba-Marcos wrote:
> Dear Amy,
>
> Thank you for your quick answer.
> The convolving beam I am used is about 10x10 pixels, which, naively thinking, would
> agree with the factor of 100 in the convolved flux when I use FACTOR=0, assuming the
> typo in the output units. However, if I use FACTOR=1 the output flux is very similar to
> the un-convolved theoretical image and is still showing units of Jy/pixel.
>
> Thank you very much
>
>        J. C. Algaba

>>> BMAJ,BMIN=desired convolving beam