[daip] Convolving from Jy/px to Jy/beam

Juan-Carlos Algaba-Marcos algaba at asiaa.sinica.edu.tw
Wed Apr 11 05:02:42 EDT 2012

To whom it may concern,

We have a theoretical image in Jy/pixel that we want to convolve with a beam to obtain
an image with the units of Jy/beam. To do so, we are using the task CONVL. Inputs are
INNAME, etc= theoretical image
OPCODE='GAUS'
BMAJ,BMIN=desired convolving beam
FACTOR=0
However, although the image seems to be properly convolved, the units of the output
image are still in Jy/pixel. From the values we get (~3e-4Jy/pixel before convolving and
~3e-2Jy/pixel after convolving) we think this is just a bug, with text not being updated
to show the proper units. However, we would like to double-check this to make sure the
convolution is indeed as expected, and change in flux s not due to other effects. Could
you please advise us in this topic?

Thank you very much,

       J. C. Algaba