[daip] New Client Reply - [!GJL-463986]: VLA UV data and Hanning smoothing

Adrienne Stilp do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Sep 28 16:48:10 EDT 2011

New Client Reply: VLA UV data and Hanning smoothing

Thanks for your reply.

I'll use that webpage to determine whether or not the archival observations had online Hanning smoothing (which they likely did due to tradition, but it's best to check).

As for applying Hanning smoothing to the new data, it sounds like the best way (for me) is to use the CVEL setting for Hanning smoothing, since we have to run CVEL anyway, and then cut out every other channel with SPLAT. If this isn't a good idea for some reason, let me know. We do know about the issue with CVEL not being able to read frequency offsets in the CL table, but since we're observing everything at a fixed frequency, there are no offsets stored there.

Thanks,
Adrienne

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: GJL-463986