[daip] New Ticket - [!PGJ-363483]: TV screen not working on Ubuntu 1104

Alvaro Sanchez-Monge do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon Sep 26 06:38:47 EDT 2011

New Ticket: TV screen not working on Ubuntu 1104

Dear NRAO staff,

I have been trying to install AIPS in a LINUX/ubuntu machine, and I have some problems with the TV screen. The OS is Ubuntu 11.04. I have installed the binary version and it seems all worked, however, when starting AIPS the TV screen does not appear (in fact it appeared only once out of 100 aprox attempts).

In the attached file, I indicate the messages  I obtain. I have checked the etc/services and I have copied the corresponding lines indicated in the webpage. I also think that the machine is working on 24 bits (thus there should be no problem with the 16 bits). And finally, I also tried the 'export DISPLAY=localhost:0' option, but it does not work.

Thanks in advance for the help.

     Alvaro

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: PGJ-363483