[daip] permission errors

Min Yun myun at astro.umass.edu
Sun Sep 18 23:25:11 EDT 2011

Hi Eric,

I am trying to reduce my EVLA data using AIPS on Thuban in room 209.
I managed to get the data loaded, but I could not run listr.  then I
noticed that I had all these permission errors when my aips started --
I attach the errors below.  Could you check my aips set up?  It's been
a while since I ran aips in Socorro.  I will be in by 9am.  Thanks.

-- Min

Starting up 31DEC11 AIPS with normal priority
 ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;
 ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN
ZDCHI1: ZERROR: ON FILE DA00:SPD000000;
 ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;
 ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN
ZDCHI1: ZERROR: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
 ZDCHIN: COULD NOT READ PARAMETER FILE
 ZDCHIN: (USING MINIMUM SYSTEM CONFIGURATION)
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC11) at priority =   0
 ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;
 ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: ZERROR: ON FILE DA00:SPD000000;
 ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;
 ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: ZERROR: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
 ZDCHIN: COULD NOT READ PARAMETER FILE
 ZDCHIN: (USING MINIMUM SYSTEM CONFIGURATION)
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server 130
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server 130
 ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;
 ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on thuban
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Inet domain
XASERVERS: Start XAS on thuban, DISPLAY :0
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on thuban, DISPLAY :0
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on thuban, DISPLAY :0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width 1910 height 980,
     max grey level 8191 in 16 grey-scale memories

--
Min S. Yun