[daip] New Ticket - [!GXD-445970]: VLBAFQS problem with recent s-x data

Sarah Burke Spolaor do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 28 13:34:38 EDT 2011

New Ticket: VLBAFQS problem with recent s-x data

I was just processing some data collected in Oct 2011 with the VLBA's S-X receiver; the AIPS cookbook suggests running various VLBAUTILs including VLBAFIX/VLBAFQS to split out multi-frequency data sets.

The problem I've run into is that for my SX data, there is only one frequency ID, and the S and X bands are split into IFs 1-4 and IFs 5-8, respectively. This seems to confuse VLBAFIX, and it splits into a file class FQ-1, but that resultant file still contains the full S and X data, IFs 1-8.

While this is easy to get around by running UVCOP on its own to split the IFs, I thought it was worth reporting that VLBAFIX doesn't seem to work for that SX data---this is possibly a general problem with all new SX data!

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: GXD-445970
Department: AIPS Data Processing
Link:  https://help.nrao.edu/staff/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=viewticket&ticketid=1229