[daip] New Staff Reply - [!QKS-452785]: Transferring Y1 Calibration Data from 1997

Lorant Sjouwerman do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 26 19:15:15 EDT 2011

New Staff Reply: Transferring Y1 Calibration Data from 1997

I downloaded the VLBA file below and the cal file. I was able to attach the tsys and gc
with the following modifications in the L pol (should be similar for R) and was able to
plot the data using SNPLT. Hope this helps

VLBA_VSN001193_file5.uvfits

diff ba024cal.ylcp testcal.ylcp
36c36
<  ! GAIN Y ALTAZ POLY=1.0 DPFU=0.116,0.116 / ! 6cm
---
>   GAIN Y ALTAZ POLY=1.0 DPFU=0.116,0.116 / ! 6cm
43c43
<  ! TSYS Y FT=1.0 TIMEOFF=-30. /
---
>  TSYS Y FT=1.0 TIMEOFF=-30. INDEX='R1:4', /

AIPS 3: ANTAB     Task to read amplitude calibration info. into AIPS
AIPS 3: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 3: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 3: INNAME     'MULTI'                 Input UV file name (name)
AIPS 3: INCLASS    'UVDATA'                Input UV file name (class)
AIPS 3: INSEQ         1                    Input UV file name (seq. #)
AIPS 3: INDISK        1                    Input UV file disk unit #
AIPS 3: CALIN      '/home/euro3/apache/tes Calibration file name.
AIPS 3:            tcal.ylcp'
AIPS 3: SUBARRAY      0                    Subarray (0=> 1)
AIPS 3:                                    Output table versions:
AIPS 3: TYVER         1                     TY table to update
AIPS 3: GCVER         1                     GC table to update
AIPS 3: BLVER        -1                     BL table to update
AIPS 3: SPARM      *all ' '                List of stations to ignore
AIPS 3: PRTLEV        0                    Print level (0=>none;
AIPS 3:                                    1=> echo cal. file)
AIPS 3: OFFSET        0                    Increase the scan length of
AIPS 3:                                    each side, minutes

AIPS 3: SNPLT:  Task to plot selected contents of SN, TY, PC or CL file.
AIPS 3: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 3: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 3: INNAME     'MULTI'                 UV data (name).
AIPS 3: INCLASS    'UVDATA'                UV data (class).
AIPS 3: INSEQ         1                    UV data (seq. #).  0 => high
AIPS 3: INDISK        1                    Disk unit #.  0 => any
AIPS 3: INEXT      'TY'                    Input 'SN','TY','PC', 'CL'
AIPS 3: INVERS        0                    Input table file version no.
AIPS 3: SOURCES    *all ' '                Source list
..
AIPS 3: NPLOTS        8                    Number of plots per page
AIPS 3: XINC          1                    Plot every XINC'th point
AIPS 3: OPTYPE     'TSYS'                  Data to be plotted:
..
Lorant Sjouwerman
NRAO ASC Data Services

Ticket Details