[daip] New Staff Reply - [!QKS-452785]: Transferring Y1 Calibration Data from 1997

Lorant Sjouwerman do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 21 18:30:27 EDT 2011

New Staff Reply: Transferring Y1 Calibration Data from 1997

Dave, Amy is out so I'm chiming in

I'm not sure whether you got it from Amy's email but both a GAIN and a TSYS line should be
commented out - and the one to use depends on phased array, 3-antenna phased array or single
dish (all options are in the file). I think there are two files because the VLA used IFs B
and D (rcp and lcp respectively) so you could calibrate them separately. In order to help
you we would be helped with more information, such as the header of the data - as this is the
hint you're looking for (the reference pixel of the stokes axis tells you whether the first
stokes is RR (-1) or LL (-2) and the frequency table tells you what frequencies are in the
IFs - typically you'll find IFs with the same frequency, of which one is RR, one LL, etc.
This will help you to figure out how to map the INDEX line. Note that you also may have to
fiddle with the TIMEOFF parameter to make sure that the TSYS measurements fall within the
scan that they are linked to as otherwise there are no matches between visibilities and time.
With the two files - if one succeeds, you'd run the other to complete the TY table for the VLA
(and then you probably have to run MCAL (or so) to strip the 2nd gain cuve from the GC table)

Anyway, hope this gives you a start on Monday

Lorant Sjouwerman
NRAO ASC Data Services

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: QKS-452785