[daip] EVLA CASA-AIPS tables

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Oct 18 14:44:55 EDT 2011

gcastell at iafe.uba.ar wrote:
> Dear Eric,
>
> I am reducing my EVLA data at 74 MHz. I started using CASA but now I have
> decided to do the work using AIPS. After converting the CASA visibility
> data set to a UVFITS file, I found that the SY and GC table were not
> written. The only tables that appear in the header of the uv data  are HI,
> FQ, AN, SU and WX.
>
> Furthermore, I downloaded my observations  in the AIPS original style
> using the VLA archive and I found the same problem. Please, could you tell
> me how I should proceed in AIPS to get the missing tables?
>
> I would really appreciate any help from your side,
> Regards,
> Gabriela

> Dr. Gabrila Castelletti
> Institute of Astronomy and Space Physics
> Buenos Aires, Argentina

To get your data in the ASDM/BDF format initially you must be logged
into an NRAO-Socorro computer.  Certain management have decreed that
which I think to be grossly unfair and not in the spirit of the NRAO.
(When I came here outside users were given preference over staff
members.)  As a result all data go though the CASA ASDM/BDF to
measurement set translations followed by the ms to uvfits program.
That is described in my Appendix E but leaves you without SY tables.
GC is not really used and NX and CL can be found with INDXR.

ERic Greisen