[daip] AIPS startup and run problems

Sayali Avachat savachat2008 at my.fit.edu
Thu Oct 13 16:11:05 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have sent you another email including the the problems with AIPS after we
upgraded our system to Fedora 15.
But I wanted to ask about one other problem which I encountered a couple
weeks before the system upgrade. I am asking this in different email just to
avoid confusion.

I was using CALIB for the self calibration of my data. After using P and A&P
self calibration runs I tried to use GCON with the proper GAINERR (15%).
When I set SOLMODE to GCON, it ran the task, almost finished but before it
could produce the final CALIB file, it just stopped and did not do anything
further. I don't remember the exact step at which it stopped, but its the
step just before it gives the final number of solutions found and number of
solutions it failed on, the created file number etc.

This task was running overnight once and did not let me use any other
further task. It was running in background all the time, until I aborted the
task.
This was something that never happened to me before.

Do you have any idea about such type of error? Any help will be appreciated.

If you want to know anything more in order to troubleshoot this, do ask me.
I will give you information how much ever I can remember.
As I said in my other email, we are trying to re-install AIPS, currently we
are working on 31Dec2010 version. I hope it all works well after
re-installation.

Thanks for your help in advance.
--
Sayali S Avachat