[daip] [bananas] UBUNTU 11.04

Mauro Nanni nanni at ira.inaf.it
Fri Oct 7 03:00:33 EDT 2011

> Does your /etc/services file have a service named sssin?

Yes of course :-)
> And does the number assigned to it conflict with another
> service which you might be using?
>
> I suspect this error refers to the first problem.

In the last Fedora release there are a lot of services in the 5000-6000
range.
I have put a comment on  all the 500[0-9] non AIPS services, but the
problem persist.
With " netstat " I do not discover any active service on the 5000 family
ports.

We suspect that this can be a IPv6 problem.
The workstations do not have  a fixed IPv6 address, but IPv6 is in use
in our Institute, and is not clear how to deactivate it on a Fedora 14 WS.
Wiith RedHat-Enterprise [4-6]  and Fedora-[1-13]  we do not have problems.

Bye M.Nanni