[daip] New Staff Reply - [!CID-183038]: CALREF: CANNOT RELATE ANTENNA ? TO ? IN SUBARRAY ?

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 6 12:21:24 EDT 2011

New Staff Reply: CALREF: CANNOT RELATE ANTENNA ? TO ? IN SUBARRAY ?

I get disturbed by thsi message too but have yet to
see it cause any serious issue - why I do not know.

What it measn is that for one integration period (or more)
antenna 3 was not present so it had to use another antenna.
It then had no way to adjust the phases simply.

I suspect that I should examine this more deeply.  Clearly
what it should do in this simple case is look at the solutions
from times before and after which have antenna 3 and minimize
the changes in phase from those at the problem time.

NOte the same message applies if say antennas 1,2,3,4,5,6
had data in common and antennas 10,11,12,13,14,15 had baselines
between each other but there are no baselines between the low
numbers and the high.  Bad things will happen then and there
is no obvious solution.

Eric Greisen

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: CID-183038