[daip] Task APCAL: "AMPCAL: PARAMETER MXVAL TOO SMALL"

Géraldine Bourda Geraldine.Bourda at obs.u-bordeaux1.fr
Wed Nov 30 05:47:36 EST 2011

Hello,
I am analyzing global data observed in March 2011 during two experiments
(GC034E and GC034F).
While running the task APCAL with AIPS (version 31DEC10), I get the
following message: "AMPCAL: PARAMETER MXVAL TOO SMALL: CONTACT AIPS ADMIN".
I already read the message and the corresponding answer, which subject
are [daip] MXVAL
<http://listmgr.cv.nrao.edu/pipermail/daip/2002-May/002449.html>, on the
help webpages (Cf.
http://listmgr.cv.nrao.edu/pipermail/daip/2002-May/date.html#2450). But
while trying the solution suggested, I could not get any valuable
solution (I just obtained the same error message).
Do you have any idea, please?
Thanks in advance,
         Geraldine Bourda.

More details: When I run the task APCAL with TSYS/GAIN information from
only GC034E or GC034F, it works. BUT when I concatenate these
information and try again to run the same task, it is not working
anymore and I get the error message given above.