[daip] New Staff Reply - [!BLA-915762]: AIPS "FILE MISSING"

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri May 27 11:34:53 EDT 2011

New Staff Reply: AIPS "FILE MISSING"

RECAT looks in the directory (folder) assigned to $DA01
and takes all CBDxxx001.uuu\; files to build a new CA file.
The fact that number 21 has now vanished entirely says that
CBD00L001.uuu\; is not there.  Your Mac finder will find it
wherever it is and I suspect that it is somewhere else.  The
start up messages when you start AIPS show where disk 1 is
and this will let you double check the location.  Another
thing to do is to cd to the location of disk 1 as shown in
the start up messages and then do
   ls -l ??D00L*.0U7\;
to see if the image or UV data file and other descriptor files
are present.  The CB file is essential since it is the full
header that controls everything else.

If this is all confusing - send me the start-up messages and the
screen display from your cd and ls commands.

Eric Greisen

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: BLA-915762
Department: AIPS Data Processing