[daip] New Ticket - [!BLA-915762]: AIPS "FILE MISSING"

karol sanchez do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu May 26 20:53:35 EDT 2011

New Ticket: AIPS "FILE MISSING"

Howdy,

Recently I tried to view the header of a certain catalog file, and I got the message :

>getn 21; imhead
AIPS 1: Got(1)   disk= 1  user=1087   type=MA   GJ644C.IBM001.1
AIPS 1: ZOPEN: FILE DA01:CBD00L001.0U7;      NOT FOUND
AIPS 1: FILE MISSING

However, I used Mac's finder to search for the file, and it is indeed in the correct location. My employer said this was probably due to the fact that I moved this file, along with others, to a different location and back to the correct location a couple of months ago.

He suggested I use RECAT to rebuild the catalog:

cd $AIPS_ROOT
source LOGIN.CSH    (or . LOGIN.SH for bash)
RUN RECAT

I did run RECAT, and answered the questions it asks.  But now that catalog number and file no longer appear in the catalog, while the extension file corresponding to that catalog number is still in the correct place. I have not had problems with the other files I moved back.

Any suggestions as to how this can be fixed?

Thank you for your time.

K.Sanchez

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: BLA-915762